Give peace a chance
Secularization and global conflicts
May 22-24, 2015
Comedia Theater Cologne, Vondelstraße 4-8
- Carsten Frerk, author and leader of the "churches as political players" project
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Founder and Co-President of the Freedom from Religion Foundation (FFRF)
- Dan Barker, former evangelical preacher, author and FFRF Co-President
- Michael Schmidt-Salomon, Executive Spokesman of the Giordano Bruno Foundation and IBKA advisory board member
- Arzu Toker, IBKA advisory board member, author and translator
- Michael Nugent, chair of Atheist Ireland
- Morgan Elizabeth Romano, Vice President of the Association of Atheism, Turkey
- Leo Igwe, human rights campaigner
- Claude Singer, Fédération Nationale de la Libre Pensée
- Assunta Tammelleo, secular activist since 1981
- Rolf Bergmeier, historian and author
- Nada Peratović (Croatia), Jurist, Founder and President of Center for Civil Courage, AAI representative at the UN Human Rights Committee in Geneva, author of "Humanism for children"
- Valentin Abgottspon, teacher and secular activist
- Richard Honess, AAI board member
- Joachim Kahl, philosopher
- PZ Myers, biologist and author of the science blog Pharyngula
- Colin Goldner, Great Ape Project
- Corinna Gekeler, politologist and author
On Saturday, May 23 the IBKA award 'Sapio' will be given to singer, songwriter, and evolution biologist Greg Graffin.
AAI press release (04-Apr-2013)
AAI press release (26-Feb-2012)
Atheist Alliance International (AAI) demands that the Indonesian government support freedom of speech and freedom of conscience by immediately releasing Alexander Aan from custody and dropping all charges against him, pursuing the perpetrators of the physical attack against Aan and repealing the country’s oppressive anti-blasphemy legislation.
Read the full AAI press release. (25-Jan-2012)
Update: Alexander Aan was sentenced to two years and six months in prison. Atheist Alliance International condemns jail sentence for Alexander Aan (AAI press release from 14-Jun-2012)
Hosted by Atheist Ireland and Atheist Alliance International
Atheists without Borders
Montréal, October 2010
Gods & Politics
Copenhagen Declaration on Religion in Public Life
The recent Gods and Politics conference in Copenhagen adopted the following Declaration on Religion in Public Life. The conference was the first European event of Atheist Alliance International, and was co-hosted by AAI and the Danish Atheist Society.
IBKA supported the secular advertising campaign in Germany.
Since almost all local transport authorities refused to accept the ad on their buses, the campaign conducted a bus tour through Germany from May 30 to June 18, 2009.
AAI Press Release, January 15, 2009
Atheist Alliance International has joined other national atheist, humanist, freethought and secular organization leaders to call on President-Elect Barack Obama to decline the role of honorary president of the Boy Scouts of America because of its discriminatory policies of excluding atheist and gay youths and adults from participating in its organization.